Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Big Bang of Running

Introduction

A usual way to express an interest in running is to first hash through the origin.  All runners do it, which seems to be the only sub-culture which elaborates greatly on the origin of things.  There was once a philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche, who appealed to origin of things, mostly to set the tone to cut out one's unnatural tendency to accept the observable moment as truth.  

A runner knows that the observable moment is the worst assessment to value their engagement.  It is rather the ongoing overarching goals that push them forward and not so much the current status, unless of course, the current status means a PB (personal best).  Other than that, any single runner's current performance is always a stepping stone for the next goal.  And each goal that is set tops the previous, not so much by a factor of time improvement, but a set of many variables that all merge together at the future point of contact.

All of these goals, the future outlook, all seems to be the story for each runner to at least look at one single point of origin, the big bang of their contribution to the game.  

So, it is of the interest also for this blog post to go through the origin of... running.

The Big Bang

The initial interest to saturate myself into the running world may not reflect my current reason why I maintain involvement.  A few reason for this, but the most notable is that I was younger at the initial point of integration and now an older, somewhat different person.  The difference mostly due to the fact that whatever was happening back then just is not the same anymore, even if I try to force it.   Still, we runners are always asked why we first involved ourselves in such a lifestyle and we always like to respond with the same level of intensity as our current status.

Assuming that I will not answer the question directly, what got me involved in running, since it changed to why I do it today... What initially got me involved in the running world?

The Origin of Running

Every race changed my perspective.  Actually, every time I went out and ran my perspective changed.  Even more so, every time I ran with others in my running club, my perspective changed.  What was my original perspective compared to what it is now?  I really have no idea however I could sit and tell you a lot of stories, a lot of PB's, a lot of injuries and really compel you into something that seems dramatic enough to be my reason for starting to run.

All I know is why I run now and I feel so privileged to still be able to keep on going.   At least I can tell you this much, this post is the origin of my running blog summing up what got me this far since I started.  


No comments:

Post a Comment